Is Your Domain Name Perfect for Your Business?
When you went searching for the perfect domain name to match your business, was your first choice available or did you have to compromise because all the best names were gone?
These days it is so important to have a domain name that is as near identical to the business name or primary services offered as possible. Unfortunately it’s also getting exceedingly difficult to do with millions of new domain names being registered EVERY DAY.
However a whole new world of domain name opportunities – called Generic Top Level Domain Names (gTLDs) – are being released to the public on a regular basis.
New top-level domains such as .cafe, .realestate, .expert or .construction are in various stages of release and pre-release allowing business and individuals to register more creative domain names than the traditional .com, .net, and .org that have been available in the past.
Could a fresh new domain name apply to you? Absolutely. Here’s why:
- Memorable Names - it is possible to obtain a more meaningful and memorable name that relates to your business, including domain names that have already been taken but with a .com extensinon.
- Branding - you can improve brand recall by using a shorter, more concise name.
- Be identified as a local business - many cities have been registering their own top level domains, so it is possible to incorparate a geographic location within your domain name.
- Google doesn't penalise new domains - Google has stated that "our systems treat new gTLDs just like other gTLDs (like .com and .org)". Google also provides a summary on how to move your existing website to a new extension without greatly impacting your search rankings.
- Cost effective - many of the domain names can be purchased for $100 or less.
While these new domain names are still relatively new, there is a window of opportunity to register an exciting domain name for your business or pre-register for an upcoming domain name before these too get snapped up into the void.
Curious about which new domains are coming available? Enter your email address to receive a downloadable list of existing and upcoming domain names. You’ll never know what you might find!
Then, if you are interested in registering or preregistering a suitable domain name, or if you are curious when your *perfect* domain name might be coming available, please contact the MGR IT team today on (03) 5444 8799.
Download Your Copy Now
Upon submitting the below form we will email you the list of existing and upcoming domain names.